Chaaru bhaxitam.h |
Meaning of the Shloka :
- I bow to Lord Ganesha who has an elephant head, who is attended by the band of his followers, who eats his favorite wood-apple and rose-apple fruits, who is the son of Goddess Uma (Parvati), who is the cause of destruction of all sorrow. And I salute to his feets which are like lotus.
Word by Word Meaning of the Shloka :
- Gajananam - Gaja means elephant and anan means face or mouth. The elephant faced god.
- Bhoota Ganadhi Sevitam - Bhuta means soul and gana means servants, meaning come to be served by Celestial Attendants or Followers.
- Kapittha Jambu Phalacharu Bhakshanam - means who Eats the Core of Kapittha (Wood Apple) and Jambu (Rose Apple) fruits.
- Uma Sutam - means son of Uma ( Parvati, wife of Lord Shiva and is also considered as adi shakti).
- Shoka Vinasha Karanam - means the one who can destroy all the reasons of the sadness.
- Namami Vigneshwarpad Pankajam - Namami means Bow or Prostrate; Vigneshwarpaad pankajam is the Lotus feet. I Prostrate at the Lotus-Feet of Vigneshwara ( the God Who Removes Obstacles ).