These spicy Lamb chops are cooked in oven
using very little oil. They make an excellent appetizer and can also
be served as a main course with rice.
Serves : 6
6 spring Lamb chops
2 tbsp. Plain low-fat yogurt
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 tsp. Ginger paste
1 tsp. Garlic paste
3 tbsp. lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tsp. Coriander powder
1 tsp. chilli powder or to
few drops of red food colouring
1 tbsp. oil
- Wash the chops and pat dry. Trim off any fat.
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, tomato puree,
ginger-garlic paste, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, food
colouring, lemon juice and oil.
- Rub over this mixture evenly over the chops and leave to
marinate for about 3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 240 degree C / 475 degree F / Gas 9.
Place the marinated chops in an oven proof dish.
- Using a brush baste the chops with about 1 tsp. of oil and
cook in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven heat to 180 degree C / 350 degree F / Gas 4
and cook further for about 10-15 minutes.
- Check to see that the chops are cooked. Serve hot garnished
with sliced onions, lemon wedges and fresh coriander spigs.